Full-body exercises have a vital role in achieving multiple fitness goals – be it fat-burning or muscle-building. Full-body exercises involve multiple-joint exercises too and thus result in activating various muscles at the same time.
Here’s a list of some most effective full-body exercises that’ll bring you surprising results within a short time period.
- Turkish Get-Up – To do this exercise, firstly lie on your holding a dumbbell in one hand. Hold it out at arm’s length. Now simply stand keeping the dumbbell overhead at arm’s length. Now use your rest one hand and two legs for both standing and pushing the weight of that dumbbell up while standing. This exercise isn’t easy though but highly effective. Try to perform 3-4 sets of 5-10 Turkish Get-Ups per side.
- Swing Squats – To do this one, stretch one hand down by your feet holding a dumbbell/kettlebell. Now push your butt behind and drop into a squat position while keeping your back straight and heels firmly on the floor. Begin to swing the dumbbell up standing halfway up and quickly reverse direction to drop down again in a squat position. Now stand strongly while swinging the weight overhead. This exercise is a good cardiovascular as well as strength-building one.
- Medicine Ball Slams – This exercise helps you to power-building, stress-relieving and builds athleticism in the upper body, core and legs. To do it, firstly hold a medicine ball overhead and then swing your arms down while releasing the ball to slam it on the ground as hard as possible. Make sure you perform this loud exercise in private and also beware that the ball doesn’t bounce back up and hit your face. You can try to do this exercise 50-100 times to finish the workout.
- Burpees/Squat-Thrust Jumps – To do a burpee, squat down from a standing position, place your hands on the ground, kick your legs out behind. Now do a push-up (optional) and kick your legs back up into a squat position. Now stand and jump while swinging your arms overhead. If you’re ready for more challenge, put on a weighted vest. Complete burpee workouts include 10, 15 or 20 burpees generally. But you can do just 1-2 minutes of burpees in the morning to start your day with a fantastic boosted metabolism.
- Deadlift-to-Overhead Press – To do this exercise, first pick up a heavy object – be it a dumbbell, barbell, kettlebell, medicine ball, sandbag or even your partner, and lift it overhead. Be in good form while deadlifting the object – keep your knees bent, back straight, butt out and look forward. Now while standing, lift the weight overhead. Use your leg muscles and hip to support your upper body while hoisting the weight up.
Full-body exercises are just perfect if you want effective results in a short period of time. These give you a fit body quickly by burning lots of calories. The last two exercises are known as the keys of “The Burner” workout. So though a bit hard, must try all these full-body exercises and get a fit, toned healthy body!